Tuesday 21 December 2021

Christmas Lights. The Colours of Christmas Past.

 Seeing as how it is Christmas I thought I would put together a gallery of Christmas lights in various Scottish cities I've happened to visit around the festive period in times past.


 A Perth Christmas walk from a few years ago. 2018 in fact.

 Perth's Christmas tree beside the river.


  Shopping Streets in Perth.

 Christmas Lights in Paisley.

 With a river running through its town centre and an open plaza right beside it Paisley can be a very colourful place at Christmas, using its natural features to great advantage.

 Which I embellished even further with my tribute to The Impressionists, blending photography with art. One of my favourite photographs thanks to deliberate camera slippage at just the right speed. Ten attempts at it but this was the best effort by far. Vincent would be proud!

 

The Electric Santa. Paisley.



Electric Jesus and friends in Paisley.

 Paisley Town Hall.

 The Scottish capital. City of Edinburgh's Christmas Lights.

Silent Night display in Edinburgh.

 Edinburgh street life at Christmas.

 George Street lights. Edinburgh.

Harry Potter University. Edinburgh.

 Silent Night display. Edinburgh.

 

 

'The party town'. Edinburgh.

 

 

where everything is illuminated...

 and the creatures of the night.....

 come out to play....

 George Square in Glasgow.                      Merry Christmas everybody.










9 comments:

Carol said...

and a Merry Christmas and Happy Hogmanay to you too!

I like the Paisley ones best and then GEorge Square, Glasgae :-)

blueskyscotland said...

Yes Carol, the Paisley lights are always good. Been a couple of years since I've been city to city bus trips to Edinburgh and just heard the Edinburgh New Year Street Party is cancelled anyway for the 2nd year in a row. Hope this covid pandemic ends soon so I can get back to free bus trips before I'm too old and feeble to enjoy them.

Rosemary said...

Christmas greetings to you Tom and I understand from the TV news that it will be a quiet Hogmanay in Scotland this year. Lots of lovely light photos, but my favourite ones are the Silent Light ones from Edinburgh.

blueskyscotland said...

Thanks Rosemary.
I'm Bob by the way, as the blog title suggests, though to be mistaken for mountaineering author and Scottish TV legend Tom Weir is a huge complement. Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

Andy said...

Happy Xmas to you Bob! 😀

blueskyscotland said...

Same to you Andy. Merry Christmas.

Kay G. said...

What beautiful lights! As always, I so appreciate your photos from Scotland! Happy Christmas to you!

blueskyscotland said...

Merry Christmas to you Kay.

Ian Johnston said...

Love these images Bob - night photography is something I've no mastered, but with retirement incoming in 2022 it might be a good thing to start working on!

Kind Regards